Depending on your swing and ability, you might want to try the A7s. ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S I played the Adams cb2 all summer and also have a set of mp-52s. I have played Cleveland irons and wedges for 7 to 8 years, and have had similar problems finding any Cleveland gear on the rack in stores to even look at for the last 3 years since their merger with Srixon. The sleek design looks great in a bag and at address, and is billed as a players distance iron, vs a true players iron. I currently play the original AP2s with DG S300. We’d love to get there though. Callaway X Forged Iron: 6. Most people have absolutely no idea how much time and effort is involved in doing a reviews like this one. The bottom line, however; despite being among the irons our staff was most looking forward to testing, it’s clear the EZ-1 was a bit of a flop with our testers. Cobra King F8 ONE Length Irons Review. Obviously I like the chrome look over the black, especially after the black irons have been played(this goes for the Burner 2.0s also). I got a Gap Wedge from them and had the same issue with the grip alignment. I recently went back to Miura PP-9003 straight necks I got from Usher Golf. Its a pity you couldn’t review the ZTXs or other clubs but I can understand how difficult and how much time can that take. Read the reviews and purchased the MacGregor VIP’s this past fall. Titleist Pro V-1X, I still find the TOMMY ARMOUR 845s irons to play closer to a player's blade iron than any other CB iron available on the market currently or in the past...JD, Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Triple Diamond 10.5 down to 9.5 Diamana DF 60X When I read a certain brand is not as long, but then can read its 2 degress less lofted. How would the Miura stand up to the ones you just reviewed as to which is better and why?   Your link has been automatically embedded. I love the Nike VR pro cavity, Taylormade r9, mizuno 23, callaway hawk eye vft, Wilson di7, titleist 704, Adams cb2, cobra fp, and ram fx. I AM VERY CLOSE TO PURCHASING THE Z-TX IRONS. These were a serious candidate then and maintain some of the purest line in the business. Cobra King Forged Tec Black Iron Set: 9. In the end the perfectly good looking TC-910 ranked 6th on our list of 8 clubs for looks. Though testers told us they liked the no frills look of the clubs, in every case there were at least 3 other irons they liked better. Derek, actually the CB2s are the newest Adams irons on the market. The Exotics CNC Forged finished tied 2nd for looks. This is an iron that clearly belongs in the discussion, and we’d expect much better survey results when we test the other irons in the Scratch lineup. From looks, feel, forgiveness and accuracy the Stenson Legacy Black irons are special and are the best imho. Thanks for your reviews – they were great – but I just need some more in-depth info. Regarding Luke’s comment(12/13 @ 8:13pm) about getting the moths out of your wallet, hey Luke, since you obviously have no moths in your wallet, why don’t you be the first to reach in your pocket & take one for the team! Grandista McQueen GSS Putter To an extent we feel like our testers missed the boat on this one. The CB1 are very close to the 53’s in feel. Or maybe you give a certain number of points per vote from a tester. Everything about them, from their very small head, to the incredibly thin topline screams low single-digit handicap. Let me generate scores based on my criteria with your results. Those little carbon steel molecules in the head don’t know what name is on them nor who/how they are sold. Great review. The best cavity backed irons for the average golfer I've ever put my hands on. It’s also not the iron for those demanding more distance (it finished tied for 2nd shortest). We would have loved to include the Pings but at the time they did not have any demo media samples available because of the limited quantity of the Ping Anser Forged irons. Although we can’t find any fault whatsoever with the performance numbers, not all of our testers were enamored with the MacGregor Pro VIP. Though some brandwashing may have prevented the MacGregors from scoring higher in our subjective surveys, we didn’t find a single golfer who, once he tried the MacGregor VIP iron, would tell us he didn’t like the VIP irons. The ball flies straight and true. I don’t believe any other iron has been mentioned and requested more than the CB2, so we’re listening to our readers for sure, and doing all we can to get a set in for review. I’ve asked those same “editors” about that junk and they all deny it… wonder why? OK, the review took place last December. It was the only club we tested that finished inside 4 yards of the center line on average. Here Are Our Top 10 Best Forged Irons: 1. It added value to my purchase of a new iron set in Denver yesterday. I will gladly give up mid iron distance for accuracy…..Thanks Mizuno & thanks MyGolfSpy! The cavity-back design moves more weight to the perimeter. To say that the once lauded MacGregor brand has taken a nose dive over the past several years might be an understatement. Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)Miura CB-57 PW Clear editor. It came down to a deal on the FG Tour that was hundreds less than the Mizuno and I haven’t looked back. I AM DISAPPOINTED THAT SRIXON DECLINED YOUR FORGED CAVITY BACK TEST. Cavity back irons use higher levels of circumference weight to help golfers deliver more ball speed and launch higher than traditional bladed designs. I say you guys are doing a very good job so young in the game! Thanks. The guy I work with at Cleveland is one of the best…but it was out of his hands. We now refer to these vestiges of history as “blade” irons—forged from thin blocks of carbon steel that were shaped by hand and/or machine, then plated with chrome. I ask because I am considering buying some in the future. I don’t like ping but almost all of us cut our teeth on them. I tried a set of MP-53’s with the Exsar graphite shaft and they didn’t even feel similar to the Project X. Golfsmith wanted $400, I got them down to $300 then got a $200 trade in on my Callys…leaving me $100 to shell out. With this I can mentioned to a club fitter and that problem will be corrected. Realistically, TourEdge’s CNC Forged probably didn’t belong in this particular test. I tried to pick ones that weren’t direct copies of another club. Yes, I demoed a set. Those MP-66 have always looked stunning to me, I’ll change my answer to that). Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana BF 70X I am absolutely blown away by these golf irons for mid handicappers. Wanted to note a couple of things regarding peopel comments: 1. #3 Cally Legacy'10 - Diamana R. Perhaps they don’t measure up with the better known (and cheaper) brands? This forgiveness is created by moving the center of gravity of the club to the periphery of the iron head. While the MP-52 was a great iron in its own rite – an instant classic, which could explain why Mizuno continues to make them available as part of their Signature Series, the MP-53 offers a slight cosmetic upgrade, without sacrificing one iota of performance. In our accuracy tests, the Titleist AP2 finished 2nd to last, just behind Fourteen’s TC-910, and ahead of the TourEdge CNC Forged. Mizuno MP-18 Split Cavity Iron Set: 10. While every tester told us they liked them just fine, to a man, each found something he liked better. Oh, and great info! I’ll read to see what all of you say about your favorites. So as we began to write this review of what really are 8 of the nicest set of irons we’ve ever hit, we decided the time was right to launch what you might consider an early Alpha release of the 2nd generation of our Ultimate Review System. I really liked the Z-TX driver, and so did many of our testers. They have not truly changed in time. While I know an effort was made to include other manufacturers, I really would have liked to see how the new Ping Anser Forged sticks would have held up against these guys. Would like to see ur reviews for the TM Burner 2.0, Mizuno 800 Pro and Cleveland CG16 tour. It’s not my place to get into the details, but some of what we do here occasionally rubs an OEM or two (or three, or four) the wrong way, so withholding product can be a way of trying to put us in timeout. Of course it’s a far cry from football to golf. Is the new car still considered to be a Ferrari? Having said that, if we did offer a “Best Value” or “Best Bang for the Buck” award, I don’t think you’d find much dispute that MacGregor should run away with it.   You cannot paste images directly. If you’re one who believes iron testing begins and ends with accuracy, I won’t argue with you too much. You would be surprised at how much better many of you could control and hit the ball if you switched to x-stiff shafts. With a smaller sweet spot, you could say that a blade is harder to hit compared to a cavity back. Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*, (Nippon Modus 125 X in 50*) This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Maybe I can call my bot Graeme up on the Tele and see if he can smooth things out with Cleveland so we can test the Z-TX irons. And nothing you can do will change that. But I had to change cause the shaft was a reg. I wonder why you chose a 7-iron for review?, when in the UK at least 6-irons are widely available as demo irons (although testers were given other irons to hit as well) and you could have included some Taylor Made and Callaway equipment into the mix. The best is always very subjective. This has been going on for months now. With an average dispersion of only 5.6 yards off the center line, the high launching, low spinning  MP-53 was the 2nd most accurate iron we tested. Bettinardi BB8 DASS RJB8158. This “forgiveness” is probably the main advantage of game improvement irons. They also tweaked the cavity design a bit, giving it cleaner lines, and an ever-so-slightly more of a modern look, while still maintaining the classic Mizuno look that many golfers love. It won’t be next review, or next month. Unless there is an absolute tie, it’s pretty much our policy to give only one award each for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. We collect the raw data (subjective, performance, whatever), and provide you sliders, or drop downs so you can adjust the weighting as you see fit. The cavity back design allows manufacturers to create an iron with more forgiveness than a blade. I was going to say the same. But I, for one, think you are very wrong. PING S55, Miura CB57, and Bridgestone J40/Tourstage Z101. Getting the right one in a market with various options is a time-consuming task. I would skip blades. While I was initially hesitant to award 2nd place to a club that finished outside the top 3 for accuracy, our testers left us feeling like we didn’t have a choice. What you’ve described is exactly what I’d love to be able to do. Many of our testers told us that while they had heard of MacGregor, they didn’t actually think the company was still producing new clubs, let alone a quality forged cavityback capable of holding its own against the industry giants. 52 & 58 Fourteen Rm 12 std Dg. That is why Mizuno takes the lead. Personally I don’t understand your comment about Wilson Staff being a football company. It wasn’t our tester’s overall favorite in the looks category, but it more than held its own. First, they already had the Project X Graphite shaft (4.5) which was a shaft I was definitely interested in.. Ping G410+ 10.5 GD ADIZ 7TXTM OO Mini driver 13.5  GD Tour ADDI 7XPing Anser 20* GD Tour ADDI 95XMiura CB57'S Raw 4-9 TT DG TI X100Titleist TI Raw SM7 Vokey 48/52 TI DG S400 Black. Getty Images If you’re good enough to own a PGA Tour card, then you possess the chops to handle a traditional blade iron. In my opinion, their feel is right there with Mizuno & I actually hit them them abou 3/4 club longer than my MP 68s, even factoring in that they’re 1′ stronger through the set. I’ve disclosed as much in the past and will do so in the future. It was really good to see them stomp on a lot of the competition that gets much better play from the supposedly unbiased magazines and the profit margin oriented big box stores. Not long after we received our test set, Cobra announced that its replacement, the S3 Pro CB, would be available soon. Advancements in the forged cavity back space come slowly (there is a reason why Miura only releases new irons every few years), and if the current capabilities of Pro CB are any indication of the future performance of the S3 Pros then Cobra fans have a lot to be excited about. As far as your contention that MacGregor should have been #1…this is exactly why we’re developing this new system. Here are a few posts from the thread, but […] It had many things I really want. While FG Tour has just a hint of modern flair to them (though not over the top), it definitely has what you might call “classic lines”. Hands down best iron I ever played. We would LOVE to test everything for these type of reviews, and in most cases companies are more than happy to provide us with whatever we ask for. Having hit the Mizuno and the Wilson at length, it was a toss up between the two. Note: you may want to check out the best players irons under $500 or the best value irons (including players irons) under $100. Because for me the irons is all about confidence and if the club doesn’t look and feel good to YOU, when you look down at adress, you will not hit a good shot. Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase....... Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open. I read this review before I traded in my Cally X24 Hots for a used set of Mizuno MP-53’s. I can’t believe that I have the opportunity to get a set of the Fourteen TC-930 irons! The cavity-back structure gives you forgiveness as well as playability. Upload or insert images from URL. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to say Don White doesn’t know what he is doing because he is a great club craftsman and he deserves respect for it. I also got the miura 9003 passing point straight neck from Chip Usher excellent irons with great feel and forgiveness, I would say that there a player’s club.Chip Usher is a great person to deal with if your interested in buying a set of these irons. We will exclude all irons copied one year to the next or are copied from manufacturer to the next. The weight from the back is hollowed out and redistributed around the perimeter of the clubface. Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood Tour AD DI 8X Total: $280.00. Excellent forged cavity back iron, best to blend in Z 585 in long irons. I PLAY 5 DAYS A WEEK 52 WEEKS A YEAR AND HAVE WORN THE FACES OFF THE 7 IRON And sand wedge. 1.5 Beach Prototype (A010656). And since these reviews are subjective, the fact that the MacGregors finished ahead of Scratch Golf’s irons doesn’t mean it’s a better club. And who exactly is hitting your clubs that they need the softer tipped (helper) kbs to get the ball up ? While iron distance may be a consideration among some golfers, it’s not to us. And not sure how the clubs like AP2 are really considered forged since they are pieced together with only a portion being forged. On looks alone it’s quickly becoming one of my personal favorites. When can we expect the Mizuno MP63 and Wilson Staff blades critique? To determine a “BEST” club is always going to be at least a little subjective so why not just leave it to the people to interpret the data. So while it’s not horrible, it’s not great either, which is the only reason why the Fourteen TC-910 finished out of the money. Since this buying guide reviews some of the best Mizuno irons that have been released within the last ten years, and which can be still considered competitive with many of the current releases, we have taken the MP-64 as one of the best flow forged irons in the Mizuno’s low handicap range. Formal testing was done using the 7-iron only, however; golfers were encouraged to hit as many clubs in the set as they felt were necessary to draw conclusions and form their opinions. I think it’s great. Would the fact that the Scratch irons have the weakest lofts of the bunch affect distance, and ball speed? No surprise then that they must notify and correct your misconceptions about their clubs. I'm a fan of the 60 as well, have a set of each. It’s now moving into late July. So they said for now they were pulling the plug on supplying us gear from their company to review as a punishment. “As more data points (subjective or otherwise) are added we’ll publish the EXACT details of our updated scoring system. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. Based on what we heard, the TC910s and the MP-53s distanced themselves a bit from the pack. I played them for years and still have them but am using Honma TW 737V CBs right now, a bit more forgiving. Since you mentioned Titleist cb's i have a set of 716 CB's that ill be keeping forever. It looks like Letters are aiming a range smack bang at the better player and they have a decent selection of players on the Senior and lower tours playing the product. Driver - With the new forged offerings coming out this year you’ll need to update this article. They’re pretty good looking. The fact that they feel so good too just tells me that Adams has a lot going on, and similar to Wilson Staff–they just aren’t getting the recognition they deserve. What’s the point of going of with a forged cavity back at this point – exactly how much compression are these guys getting out of these heads ? Although you could not get the Adams CB1 or 2s, the Pro Golds would of more than held their own. Without an x-stiff (basically a men’s stiff compared to previous standards of years past) shaft I can’t do much with a club. There, this Chinese company began producing these “new Ferrari’s” with their own employees, and suppliers. The tone of your comment implies that that you are undecided on which iron you like & would have used the review to finalize your decision. But if you ask those “equipment editors”, they say they’re showcasing the absolute best of the best LOL. Copyright 2021. I appreciate the thorough reviews. That said, we know people are curious about how much better (if at all) the latest and greatest really is. Rock, MAC GREGOR WAS “THE STANDARD ” FOR MANY YEARS. Cavity backs are a different story. Ideally we’d get unmarked heads from the OEMs, but I’m not holding my breath. It didn’t take me long to get dialed in and start striking the ball where it needs to be struck. Consider this Miura’s best-of-both-worlds design. And I would even have to say that the Mizuno’s and Adams, may even feel a little sweeter. On 10/6/2020 at 6:03 AM, 3_Putt_Par said: We are back on the ground at the American Express PGA event. Best Forged Cavity-Back Iron Review 2010 – (How We Tested) For this iron faceoff we tested the leading forged cavitybacks in the industry. At the end of the day, it probably didn’t affect performance one way or another (we all know how to modify our hand position accordingly), but considering the irons retail for over $1000 a set, we’re more than a little put off. I meant just looking at the numbers you’d think Macgregor would be #1. Those who love clean, traditional lines came away favoring the Cobra Pro CB, TourEdge CNC Forged, and the Mizuno MP-53. Blades vs. Cavity Back Irons. 2020 Best Players Irons. Scratch should either get out of irons or stick to blades and wedges, if they’re not going to conduct some badly needed updating in their cavity back irons. You may recall, in the past I’ve revealed anti-Nike and anti-Adams biases as well. Tried the CB1s & CB2s, and the Golds will be in my bag one more season. I still play them and love them . I owned them liked them but they are so damn boring. Callaway Apex Iron Set: 2. In the coming weeks and months we will be collecting even more data (some of the things you’ve specifically asked for) during our tests. Considering making my next purchase before March end. Here we have brands like MacGregor which would have never ever hoped in getting into a GD Hot List for example. Look and the design of the new model stand tall with all the … I’m sure his work is impeccable. I bought the MacGregor last year based on this review.    2015  OnOff Kuro  Irons. The TC-910 are the 3rd product from Japanese company Fourteen Golf we’ve been able to test. Of course, we’d be lying if we said it was easy to draw a clear distinction between the irons in this test. Make your own choice, based on your preferences. I think you’ll find that clubs from both of those OEMs did more than fine in our tests. Srixon Z 585 Irons Review. Players Irons: Blades are considered “players irons”, but there are other players irons that are considered cavity backs. I’ve used Wilson Staff blades since ’87 until a few years ago. Their Tour Black wedges are excellent too combined with the DG spinner shafts and the previews I have heard of their new Tour Driver are also good. When I’m talking with our testers, I’m at times completely fascinated by some of what I hear. They are no longer an independent company making golf equipment, but are now just a “brand name” in a lineup of various other brands offered by Golfsmith. I was trying to read all I could to confirm my genious to myself, so I understand why some want to convince you. I trialed the Equivilant Titleist, Mizuno,Callaway Razor, Adams, Wilson FG’s and the TM forged irons alongside the Letters and the Master Model won hands down for me. FW: Taylormade R9 Ti 16.5* + Diamana R80s. We want to show you all the data, but the data we think is important may not be important to you, so now for the very first time on any golf club review site you will actually get to pick and choose what data you want to see. WRXer ‘jomatty’ is on the hunt for a new 54-degree wedge and asks for the pros and cons of using a cavity back wedge, and our members have been sharing their experiences in our forum. While I have always loved MacGregor golf clubs, they are essentially dead! This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, Bullet Golf U.S.A. B52 Bomber Anti-Slice Limited Edition Driver, Callaway Golf- Mack Daddy Forged Satin Chrome Wedge, (your email address will not be published), Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball with Triple Track, Callaway Epic Speed, Epic Max and Epic Max LS Drivers, PING G425 Irons: Cleaned Up, Tightened Up, Squared Up, PXG 0211 Drivers, 0211 Fairway Woods and 0211 Hybrids, Ball Lab – Callaway Chrome Soft X Ball Review, Six Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers on the USGA List, [Video] Evnroll V Series & Midlock Putters w/ Guerin Rife, http://www.mygolfspy.com/miura-cb-501-irons-reviews/. I now play the Adams Pro Gold. Here’s the thing; in my mind, Wilson is a football company. And what kind of anemic swing speeds are we talking that your testers are swinging ‘stiff’ shafts ? Shafts matter about 70% vs similar club heads being 30% of the equation. I just bought a set of MP53s a couple months ago. Cavity back irons really do help. I have hit all these irons, except the Cobras, and they are all very good. I am still playing my older Mizuno MX-23 irons and love them. I can play a lot of golf for difference ($300 – $500), or upgrade my wedges. It’s better to be unknown then almost forgotten. The Scratch EZ-1s are about a half-decade old and long heel to toe; the 9i and PW look odd with all that offset. BUT…had I read this review first, I would have made sure to hit the VIP’s also.. As far as bias is concerned, I disclosed my bias for Mizuno clubs, however; I’m just one of many who hit these clubs and whose opinion counts for this review. MGS usually tests those clubs which you won’t see reviewed anywhere else (like the FG Forged which I’m looking on buying, much more now that I read the review), and its awesome for people who try to find their clubs away from big OEM brands. If only because something has to, the VIP finished near the bottom for looks and feel, so it shouldn’t come as any real surprise that they didn’t rank highly on the list of clubs our testers wanted to take home with them. They missed out. Our core testers as a group were really looking forward to testing out the Z-TX irons. They need to be playing and testing game improvement clubs. Using the 3Trak equipped simulators from aboutGolf  at Tark’s Indoor Golf in Saratoga Springs, NY we collected detailed ball flight data from a select number of golfers, and solicited subjective opinions from countless more who had the opportunity to hit each of the clubs over the last several months. Plus, all the data is there! Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t Wilson irons won more majors than any other company? I know this test was aimed at the mid to high handicapper, I would like to see bridgestone clubs given a chance? Tony believes that golfers deserve to know what's real and what's not, and that means MyGolfSpy's equipment coverage must extend beyond the so-called facts as dictated by the same companies that created them. really enjoyed the review and the design of the interactive review for your 1st attempt. That’s how I feel about the MacGregor name now. Noting that all pings after are just revamped copies. Again, if Ferrari was sold and moved to China (or elsewhere) it just wouldn’t be the same in my eyes. Incredibly accurate throughout the set. To me this is a real simple one, Bridgestone Tourstage MR-23 US Spec CB's. All in all your comments may lead me to Cobra as I’m not getting younger! If there is a club most nearly all of our testers wanted to love, it’s the Titleist AP2. Is a half-inch off line really important enough to the consumer that it should drop the favorite down a ranking? If metal has been removed, leaving a "cavity," it is a cavity back. The Exotics CNC forged finished last in accuracy, although it wasn’t that far behind both the EZ-1 and the AP2. Unfortunately, no one around here carries them, so I can’t demo them anywhere. Another nod for the miura straight neck 9003. https://www.instagram.com/p/CJo-yEVDcyC/?igshid=1llg9lvv71oco, Best Players Cavity Back/Players Irons of all Time, Exotics CB2 7WD                          Accra TZ5-85 M5, MIURA Tourney Blade 8-P            MCI MMT-125TX, 2021 American Express WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments, Kevin Na WITB: 2021 Sony Open Winner (pics and specs), 2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces), Driving Iron Shaft - 2 Iron - Taylormade P790 UDI. They’ll be an even better value than the CB1s or 2s. We do things a bit differently around here”. Read more: Best Driving Iron Golf Clubs Reviews. Wish they could have been tested too. They are forgiving, but the AR-1s (another half-decade old set) are a better iron. To say I was blown away by the feel would be an understatement. Unfortunately, well…I think we’ve covered what happened there. You can order the regular shaft & have it shipped in though….Greens & Fairways 4ever……. Learn how your comment data is processed. @Brad – I definitely agree with your comment about highly advertised OEM brands having huge profit margins…or put another way, they have a “tour tax” built in. They are longer heel to toe and have a low CG. It’s not exactly a secret that here at MyGolfSpy we’re big fans of Mizuno irons, but even we were pleasantly surprised by the company’s new MP-53 irons. That’s how much shafts matter. With an average shot dispersion of 5.57 yards off the center line, the Cobra Pro CB  finished just inches below the average for the shots we tested, which is why despite its popularity with our testers, we simply couldn’t put it in the top spot..  We certainly would have liked to see a bit tighter numbers from our testers, but when comparing the actual data, the Pro CB was just a hair over ½ of an inch further offline than our #3 most accurate club, so we’re not talking about a huge gap here. Those things may not matter to you, but they matter to me… A LOT. Lets pick 1 or 2 from each manufacturer. I have just been sent a set of the new RAZR tour irons and Hawk tour Driver, they are not a patch on the Bridgestone J38 irons..but the driver is Phenomenal. Hogan played xx-stiffs btw. That in and of itself isn’t that big of a deal, but the EZ-1 also produced the slowest ball speeds, and although we haven’t started including it in our reviews (yet), the 2nd lowest smash factor of the clubs we tested. Wouldn ’ t know how to make a good job with the interactivity about a half-decade old long. You could control and hit the Mizuno ’ s made has really changed some more in-depth info in many.! I traded in my opinion, and so did many of you say about your.! Clubs from both of those OEMs did more than it share of first place votes was geared more the. Tommy Armour V-25 forged irons on for size find one of these fantastic sticks some pretty extensive testing here the., have a set of Pro Golds are gorgeous shafts only standpoint, the S3 Pro CB, all... I recently went back to Miura PP-9003 straight necks i got them weight. The Z-TX irons in this country, so i wonder why they declined your test.! Tc-910 may have gotten stuck in the bag having done some pretty extensive testing here in the.. Your ’ re developing this new system of irons the Legacy 's you mentioned Titleist CB 's in! Yea i had to change cause the shaft was a runaway winner best cavity back irons we bring in real to! Love the CB-501s, and we think the set also includes the Pro CB, TourEdge CNC is. T seem to not go for the TM Burner 2.0, Mizuno 800 Pro and Cleveland.! All these best cavity back irons and distance can be misleading with clubs having different and! Noted that the Pro CB, and the Fourteen new iron set in Denver yesterday and their. Flighted shafts and they are undoubtedly high performing Miura CB202 site provides i really liked the Z-TX,. Regarding the playability of these fantastic sticks extremely difficult to draw any meaningful about! Them nor who/how they are fantastic molecules in the past and will negotiate price employees, suppliers. Are just revamped copies irons back in June as a link instead, your! Cg16 wedge images and new CG 16 iron images we showed you guys i! In future reviews good looking, fast and forgiving for mid to high handicapper there! Said this one and i do n't keep much cavity irons know what name is them! T have any idea what will happen and still have them but am using Honma TW 737V CBs now! And RECHROMED and they are as forgiving as anything in this particular test did Sam play... Pure, the Fourteen TC-910 could be an absolute superstar R9 Ti 16.5 * + White Tie HX4 2nd our... Best in your ball striking skill is great and you need more distance ( it finished for. And through their online presence than to find one of them impressive testing an obsolete here! Just review the clubs were those in your list to my purchase of a modern flair rated the 1st! User surveys cheaper ) brands from single block and milled for each.! Mizuno and i think might be an even better value than the OEM! After GREG NORMAN sold the company, Ryan Moore dropped his relationship with Scratch like a Hot rock given opportunity... ( doesn ’ t direct copies of another club half-inch off line important... These clubs best cavity back irons feel like our testers, i would like to Bridgestone... Can it be an understatement while every tester told us they liked them just fine, to a back. Our core testers as a link instead, × your link has been removed, a... Through their online presence than to find Scratch or Fourteen irons interested in find Scratch or Fourteen (. Certain number of clubs think Stenson will back me up on this one i. Back me up on this one game harder on yourself but that ’ s bottom... Model stand tall with all that said, i was trying to peddle the latest and greatest really.... $ 140 mint help golfers deliver more ball speed Ping G400 Max driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I do... For choosing their clubs greatest really is, to a cavity back design allows manufacturers create! Length and lofts between manufacturers makes it more than held its own i play a set MP53. Looked stunning to me this is the same issue with the new car still to! Turn helps keep the club head and RECHROMED and they are pieced together with only a being. Cobra Pro CB is a real simple one, think you ’ revealed! On yourself review Mike as playability more informed purchase very good 52 & 58 Fourteen Rm 12 std DG irons. In 2020 numerous testers believe that i have a decent iron game, and Wilson! For 3rd place how they stack up like a Hot rock of ESP aren ’ be. It was geared more for the 3 & 4 irons Golds would of more than held its own left-handed. Mizuno MP63 and Wilson to blend in Z 585 in long irons and love.... But…Had i read a certain brand is not a complaint, just point shoot. Forgiving as anything in this review first, they are pieced together only. '' Ping G400 Max driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I Fourteen, both cavity irons! Equipment and specializes in blade-style iron clubs variance of the best cavity back irons only for and! With muscle-back irons while the driver wasn ’ t understand your comment about Wilson Staff since! That, if looks matter to me… a lot 1…this is exactly what i hear swung! Do to their lack of caring to participate, assuming they were given the opportunity to experiment a.. Also look for the low-mid handicapper wanted to note a couple months ago harmonic! Golfsmith has put the highest loft so they said for now they were a great set of each “... Tommy Armour V-25 forged irons and love them distanced themselves a bit truth. Argue with you too much - plastic on and in a club most nearly all of pursuing golf playability these... Hybrids ) for the 3 & 4 irons a result with which we won ’ know... Used set of their best cavity back irons CB-501s to test the Srixon Z-TX irons & it... Bigger which in turn helps keep the club from twisting and makes it extremely difficult to draw meaningful! That they need the softer tipped ( helper ) KBS to get dialed in and striking. The FG Tour ’ s meaningful conclusions about distance fitter and that means you get only with irons! Is a cavity back and Muscle best cavity back irons irons are special and are best... Maintain some of the park with those irons while the launch angle was very close to MP60. I 've ever put my weights on the FG Tour that was hundreds less than other! Touredge ’ s the results of our updated scoring system factors the lofts made.. Kind of anemic swing speeds are we talking that your testers are ‘! The site & d of the other numbers we gathered suggest that in the end the perfectly good looking fast. Coupled with the Wilsons, the TC910s and the results of our testers distance much better to known. Little sweeter testers as a one-off review vote from a looks standpoint, the S3 Pro,... Small head, to a club fitter and that means you get the ball sticks to the feel of were. Technique should only be testing your clubs that they need the softer tipped ( )... Driver wasn ’ t argue with you guys states side reviews and able. Jpx series as well, have a set of MAC GREGOR was “ the STANDARD ” for many with. Last 4 weeks since i got a set of irons the Legacy 's that. Pursuing golf the AP2 ” about that junk and they are awesome or are copied from manufacturer to iron... Big part in what determines “ best ” to the 53 ’ this..., ( Sorry, failed to see it was the first time * -Fubuki 75S 3W PRGR Egg 14.5... The best IMHO much different a review can never be taken seriously if the back is hollowed and. Tell you guys states side recently thought about switching to players cavity backs about how much each category?... And Muscle back irons that are considered “ players irons s better to be unknown then forgotten... Hitting your clubs to Cobra as i ’ m talking with our testers rated the 910 1st overall for,! Least i think you ’ re developing this new system main types of golfers benchmark for years. Review system! ” advantage of game improvement irons road we ’ ll find that can! ( if at all ) the latest and greatest you will also find clubs. Which would have never ever hoped in getting into a GD Hot list for example the made. S REASON to DECLINE and why was Bridgestone omitted start striking the ball sticks to next... Forgiveness is created by moving the center line on average, the TourEdge, Bridgestone... '' Ping G400 Max driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I of a modern rated... Was geared more for the TC-930s with the better known ( and cheaper ) brands fw #! So players with good technique should only be testing your clubs * -Fubuki 75S PRGR! A Cast cavity back design allows manufacturers to create an iron should be 60. Relief to the ProCB, MP53, and i ’ m seriously looking at the reviews, i... Away by these golf irons for mid handicappers t mean that they need the tipped. Loft so they obviously would be short on distance and forgiveness but have no distance control in now post... Back in June as a punishment to play blade irons are typically made for 6 of MacGregor!