They all have a variety of country accents, which wouldn't be strange for a family of farmers, except that they're native to Ponyville (as in the family goes back to its. Kamala Harris has been accused of adopting a southern drawl last night when discussing how the Democratic party had taken the black vote for granted. Both the character and the actress are American. Though, There is also the Apple Family. You have a way of glazing over the harshest of criticisms. Posted on January 2, 2014 by amieoum. posted by SWLinPHX. It all depends on where you are from. Why Does that Asian girl have a southern accent? How ethnocentric. I want to get really personal, I want this to bring healing for me as well as my readers, but I want this to be fun! Why does he have a Southern accent? The UT alumna hails from the Houston suburb of Katy, but that didn’t stop millions of viewers wondering why she spoke with a Texas accent in accepting her Golden Globe. If anything, I'm more annoyed by the fact that it sounds more Texan and less Spaghetti Western like the previous incarnations did. Frédéric BISSON. A dialect is a variety of a language that includes different vocabulary and grammar, in addition to pronunciation. Jasiri and Madoa have Australian accents. Kamala Harris was accused of putting on a 'fake' southern accent while speaking in North Carolina. I don't know about the southern accent, but I can't figure out how two such charismatic people produced such a deadly dull daughter. Also many people in southern Ohio have a bit of a southern accent. Any accent makes the same absolute lack of sense. Garrison's is eventually explained when we meet his mother, who is also southern. British Stewie has a Southern accent. If you thought Reese Witherspoon's Tennessee accent was … (And when Gates McFadden was replaced with Anne Archer in later installments of the series, the English accent was dropped. 5. Not all accents are alike, but just enough sweetness carries over from Appalachia to Alabama to East Texas to tie them all together, marking a certain Southern way of speaking. living under an assumed name because he doesn't want anybody to know he's a clone, Further muddying things is when she's restored to her child self at the end, and speaks with the American accent, Zac's Australian accent is due to having been raised by foster-parents in Australia who were Australian, when they are reunited with their mother, Nerissa, it turns out that she has an Australian accent like most of the cast, rather than the Anglo-North-American accent that we were previously led to see as being characteristic of the Northern Pod. Who started the southern speech - Answered by a verified Expert. Studies have shown that whether you are from the North or South, a Southern twang pegs the speaker as comparatively dimwitted, but also likely to be a nicer person than folks who speak like a Yankee. TVTropes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. STAFF MOD. STAFF MOD. or "It's just not as strong as I expected…" Don't want to let anyone down. They may have generations of their family living in the north, where next to NO ONE has a southern accent, yet most of the blacks do. When a character has an accent that cannot be explained by the setting. ), Captain Raimus' Scottish accent, despite him being Lithuanian. Similarly, there's Dukov, who speaks with a thick Russian accent. Published: 17:44 EST, 11 November 2013 | Updated: 17:44 EST, 11 November 2013 Are some sounds harder to pronounce than others? It was likely also felt that the accents fit those two characters' affable brawler personalities. It makes me SO ANGRY when people say this. Why does Yllowyyn have a redneck/southern accent? It's essentially perfect for the character of Ace. The French Jean-Luc Picard has an undisguised British accent. One scene focuses on him getting rumbled by the Shinra, The Compilation seems to be good about those. Linguists have shown that a person who is transplanted from his or her native home and placed in an environment in which he or she must learn a language that is not his native language, and must do so at a young age, will develop a sort of proto-language called a “pidgin,” which then stabilizes … The accents heard in our southern states come from two separate origins. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. She is from Alabama and so is Josh Hutcherson, why do neither have a southern accent ? on February 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM Has anyone asked this before? However, blacks born in the north still often have southern accents. Because Romulans bleed green and ... Aw heck, I'm allowed to make a bad joke every now and then, aren't I? Joey Wheeler is a Japanese teenager with a thick Brooklyn accent. Moriarty and Tenpenny, who have Irish and British accents respectively while everyone else in the game speaks with an American accent. On another note, Roto, the demon that tried to have Kurama's mother killed, had a slight Spanish accent in the dub. Why do foreign speakers have trouble pronouncing certain sounds? Even among the American accents, Moira Brown has a Midwestern accent that sticks out in the Maryland/DC area. 8 Things Only Girls with Southern Accents Understand. A lot of idioms are different, but that isn’t accent. The American market is definitely the leader, so it’s a fair question. Similar to Not Even Bothering with the Accent, except that the actor doesn't have the accent, either — there's simply no good reason for it. I have an interesting theory as to why the Southern accent “evolved,” so to speak. What is the southern accent? STAFF MOD. 1 Answer. Few Southern accents have been poorer in the history of cinema. Butters uses horse conditioner for her hair regularly. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 70 Wedding Vow Examples That Will Melt Your Heart, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device, Whatever it is, it's sure as heck not British, Phil Vischer plays 50% of the characters and Mike Nawrocki another 40%. 0 0. Aatrox's post-update voiceover also gives him an incredibly thick and booming Russian accent, despite having no relation to the Freljord. I’ve travelled to the U.K. several times in the company of others who are more obviously southern than I am. Grant with Mae West in I’m No Angel (1933) ... ‘T’ sounds are also enunciated and Mid-Atlantic speakers will hit that T so that a word like ‘butter’ does not sound ‘budder,’ … Reply by ScorpionQ2. If I were a screenwriter, I may have considered rewriting that story board to save Reeves the embarrassment. 0 (If only I had a dime for every time I heard that question pop up!) He later receives a speaking role in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.Butters was seen sporadically in seasons three through five, going from social pa… His sister, Zot, sounds like Dot with Wakko's accent. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Rarity has a Trans-Atlantic accent but didn't have one as a filly, and no one in her family has anything resembling it. But you'd take any one of the many Southern accents over any other variety, any day. Reply by HoneyWest. You seem to have a lot more luck getting what you want than your friends not blessed with such a persuasive, genteel drawl. Just to be clear I did not say ALL blacks have a southern accent, but the majority of them do! South Midland Accent The Midland accents are closely related, however you fall into the South Midland accent category because your default American accent is more closely related to the Southern accent. on … The English believe all Americans have an accent, as we believe they do. This is why Locutus was made. Reply by HoneyWest. There are certain experiences that only growing up in the South can provide. During his cross-dressing escapade, he's introduced as a girl from Texas. Tom did give it the old college try, … Pantheon has a Greek accent, which makes sense given his entire character is heavily influenced by, Lillia is a fae-like deer spirit who speaks with a Scottish accent. 3. You should prepare for the entire conversation to derail if you say y'all in front of a crowd not from the South. If you meet a white person in the north with a southern accent, they were likely not born in the north, but recently moved to the north. Many Arkansans speak with a Southern dialect or accent, although it is generally characterized as an Upper South accent similar to that of neighboring Oklahoma and Texas in contrast to the accent of the Deep South. Most of the rest of the cast do speak with strong Midwestern accents, in many cases their natural accents. Why does keith urban have a southern accent? An accent is a varied pronunciation of a language. Absolutely nothing in the series' two-decade history has indicated that the character has a Latino background, not even his name. There are many questions surrounding Madam Razz that the show never even attempts to answer. Molly in the English dub has an utterly inexplicable and quite thick Bronx accent. Why do people in the South have a different accent than the people in the North? You're driven crazy by a poorly executed fake Southern accent. thank u in advance :) Answer Save. However, I’m a bit over it. You know there's no "one" Southern accent. Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), who was born in Oakland, California, and grew up in Berkeley, broke into her campaign-trail southern accent for just one question during Wednesday’s 2020 Democrat presidential debate in Atlanta, Georgia. Because of her ", English dubs of the animated adaptations of various. It seems to have more to do with S'es turning into Ds when they precede an N. Thus "business" turns into "bidness". Her accent was inspired by. Rumplestiltskin's father is a really weird example; as an adult before his transformation into Peter Pan, Malcolm, like Rumple, has a Scottish accent. However, Southern California sounds different from Northern California. Carlisle still did, even after four hundred years of living; so why didn't he? His son also speaks with an American accent. I have even had a few people tell me while speaking with a very pronounced southern style accent that native Kansans are known for having no accents. Why do people say that people in southern Illinois and Indiana have southern accents? This is why his eyes and her eyes are left relatively intact. I just watched A Time To Kill and Matthew McConaughey, Samuel Jackson and Kevin Spacey all had Mississippi accents. Perhaps when he is using his accent, call him "mater" (or wherever he picked up the idea) and call him by his name when he isn't using it. Plus I can’t stand the way they’ve screwed up the language. Leopold "Butters" Stotch is a fictional character in the animated television series South Park.He is voiced by series co-creator Matt Stone and loosely based on co-producer Eric Stough.He is a student at South Park Elementary School.Butters is depicted as more naive, optimistic, and gullible than the show's other child characters and can become increasingly anxious, especially when faced with the likelihood of … No comment is too petty to be sweetened up with a Southern accent. Why does Ashley Judd not have a southern accent? All these questions and more are addressed in this installment of the United States of Accents. Lilts and Drawls In this section, I will try to present a bit of the "theory" of the Southern accents. Native speakers of a language do tend to master some of its sounds before others. What's Up With Obama's Sudden Fake Southern Accent? However in a flashback to his childhood, both he and his parents speak with American accents. Why didn't Jasper have an accent? the accent of the Republic's capital world. She also had braces for six years, and has had to have 9 teeth pulled! There is another hyena unrelated to them that has the same accent, but none of the other hyenas in the series have it. Those cousins of yours out in east Tennessee might not sound like kin to your momma's family in southern Mississippi. In his first appearance he was a parody of, It happens occasionally with some other characters. Finally, one day I asked where she was from. Odd. Fast forward 20 years and here I am, living in France, regularly licking butter off my fingers while making tart crust or smooshing fat slices onto naked hunks of bread in the morning. In part 1, you learned what the heck “vocal twang” is and how it differentiates from twang in a colloquial sense. 7 years ago. (And no, I do not have a New England accent. Do they need to downplay their native accent to cultivate a more southern image the way a white rapper wants to appear “street”? Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org. But it’s always a feature. Here, 8 things only girls with Southern accents will understand: 1. The original character, Naru, has no accent at all relative to the rest of the characters. This excellent Wikipedia article has much detail about the features of Suthern and its main dialect zones. Do y'all speak with a Southern drawl? Imperial Agent companion Ensign Temple seems to be the only Imperial with an Australian accent. I'm just curious. STAFF MOD. They grew up together in Bakersfield right? Why does Zorg in "The Fifth Element" have a southern accent? It’s called the Transatlantic or Mid-Atlantic accent and is not quite American and not quite British. Not all accents are alike, but just enough sweetness carries over from Appalachia to Alabama to East Texas to tie them all together, marking a certain Southern way of speaking. that sourcebooks say he's ethnically French-Canadian, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Tormund (Kristoffer Hivju) speaks with an odd accent that is noticeably different from the other Wildling characters', yet is nothing like. Something like this happened with grunge music in the early 90s. There's no reason for southern accents to be in this game other than Ubisoft trying to make the characters seem like rednecks. (Lucas black with Billy Bob Thornton in 'Sling Blade.') Stereotypes based on accent are deep rooted and they have profound consequences. Fiona has an American accent whilst her parents both have English accents. Everybody has an accent--there's no such thing as not having an accent. 21 actors whose Southern accents are real. Relevance. My question: Why not? Also many people in southern Ohio have a bit of a southern accent. Dozens of people on Twitter questioned her voice. "Oh my gosh, your accent is so_____!" Accents vary across the South and even within a state. Perhaps it's the times that I play (EST) being more in line with Southern… People are more mobile now so you have people from all over the US living in Ohio. 4 years ago. WATCH: Does Kamala Harris have a southern accent? Couldn’t the character have been from the Midwest? 03 / 24 / 16 by Kate Robinson. share. 7. Grunge singers took on an accent that might be something like South Midland. 1 Questions & Answers Place. He can actually speak Finnish, explaining his accent. Then you have the 'sexiest accent' in America. Southern Accent Links Southern American English. ... it was on a buffalo ranch for some reason; I loved it, being southern and all that shit. Favorite Answer. Prudence also has an American accent, despite being raised by Father Blackwood - who has an English one - and her mother has been dead since she was a baby. Welcome to part 2 in How to Achieve the Perfect Country Twang! Why Picard was easier to De-Borg than say other borgs Because she wanted to keep him as human as possible till he felt one to transfer bodies. Ashley, who's from the South, does not. The southern Louisiana accent almost sounds like a cross between the deep south accent and the New Jersey accent. I'm thinking some "Westerns" are set in the Southwest so a Southern influenced accent makes some sense. It can be explained as being for humor or to take advantage of a cultural stereotype for characterisation, but sometimes it happens for no good reason at all. I just watched A Time To Kill and Matthew McConaughey, Samuel Jackson and Kevin Spacey all had Mississippi accents. on February 22, 2017 at 7:42 PM I think it's just the poser in him. Go figure. It has very little to do with the cat-like, nasal quality that we commonly associate with country singers. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. North of the Ozarks and I-44, that kind of accent mostly disappears, and you're more likely to encounter a flat, central plains accent, which to many people sounds like no accent at all. Le Beurre: Why Butter is Better in France . Those who came into contact with people in southern Ohio probably spoke to people who had an accent. This quiz is the ultimate opportunity for Southerners and other Americans alike to challenge their knowledge of Southern slang and how to pronounce it – not to mention, enjoy a … It can't even be attributed to him being a Darkin, as neither of the other two Darkin champions have it at all. While in college, Butters underwent surgery to fix a problem with her jaw. As they grow up, attend school, and develop social awareness, Southern children begin to associate the Northern accent with people being “in charge and smarter,” because these prestigious “celebrities” of high social status and respect speak with a Northern accent. Though it's hard to tell as he's not actually voiced except with. Why doesnt Jennifer Lawrence have a southern accent? ", The most obvious example is Mr. Lunt, who has a very heavy Latino accent. At first one can dismiss it as, It's not clear if it was intentional or not, but one scene in, In a commentary for a season 5 episode of, Hilda has a British accent, even though her sister Zelda has an American accent and it's heavily implied throughout the show that Hilda also grew up in Greendale. The alien episode "Multiplication Fable" has a thick Welsh accent. Cait Sith was written in text in the original game as having an accent (Kansai dialect in the original Japanese), with the conceit that it was the alter ego of his animator/alter ego Reeve, who usually disguised it. Though just going by the text, an East London accent is equally applicable. In the case of The South, there are so many slang phrases and so much lingo that is unique to Southerners. I would have to ask him later. Popularly known in the United States as a … Naru is a case of, Even more mysteriously is Sieglinde Jeremiah from. Including child Regina Tiedemann in the 1980s flashback scenes. Why the same actress is used because she is the same person each time, using DNA to reproduce this special "queen". You can learn to talk with a Yorkshire accent, but before you’re able to convince anyone you’re a native, you’ll need to work on your pronunciation and pick up a few common words and phrases. Gunsmoke "The Killer" Act 3 - YouTube - I don't think I detect much Southern here. During the Virtual World arc, Kaiba duels his former right-hand man, Lector, who is in disguise, and instantly recognizes him because of his southern accent. Lector is, Despite everybody else speaking regular English without any noticeable accent, the English dub of, Jin was given an Irish accent in the English dub, Chuu, on the other hand, was probably a reference to. 2 replies (on page 1 of 1) • Jump to last post. Joined: Nov 4, 2005. at least he wasn't from Potataho backstept, Nov 12, 2010 #13. I'm not saying he should have a Russian accent. Both (l) and (2) would sound fine in Yiddish, but only (l) sounds normal in English; in (2) the speaker seems to have an accent. Between 1642 and 1675 the Royalists, or Cavaliers migrated to the southern coastal states, bringing with them their servants, and their south England drawl, or a drawing out of the vowels. Janko. Update: She's a good enough actress that it shouldn't have been a problem. The Compilation averts this with Steve Burton's voicing of Cloud. He was originally going to sound like a higher-pitched Wakko. This accent has a wide range; it can be found as far east as southern Ohio and as far west as Wyoming and Colorado. You're constantly being told everything your accent is or is not. Jot Warner, a cousin of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, has a Mexican accent. In the Princess Minerva OVA the traveling saleswoman and tournament fighter Lachloa Valvis is given a Brooklyn accent in the English dub. It is the only work in the entire. Famously, he once claimed to have grown up in, Pa Grape speaks in a Yiddish accent, despite having debuted as the patriarch of a clan of Appalachian hillbillies. Cute, Strong, Funny, Subtle, Strange…. How is it treated by non-southerners? I have no doubt most American women would put this, along with the Northern English accent, near the top of the list and a lot of men, too. And a Southern drawl doesn't go unnoticed… if someone's ever stopped you mid-sentence, … In fact, you may even need to play it up when you cross the Southern border, just to avoid all those "…but where's your accent?" RELATED: Signs You Were Raised in the South. The Strictly Southern website has a small humorous "Southern dictionary", as well as a longer list of words excerpted from Steve Mitchell's More How To Speak Southern. But by far, the most distinct auditory clue, the South's calling card of sorts, is the melodic sound of a true Southern accent. on February 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM Has anyone asked this before? in an attempt to mirror his hard to understand dialect in the Japanese version. This makes no sense in a post-apocalypse world where the ability to cross the Atlantic ocean was lost centuries ago, assuming that the British Isles are even still inhabited. Southern American English or Southern U.S. English is a regional dialect or collection of dialects of American English spoken throughout the Southern United States, though increasingly in more rural areas and primarily by White Southerners. © Copyright 2021 Meredith Corporation. Farscape sort of threw me when I found myself in a universe where all the aliens speak with Australian accents, but that's just because I was used to all aliens speaking with American accents from predominantly Star Trek … Finnish, explaining his accent rest of his family suffered, Scooter has a southern can... Has indicated that the character has an accent that can not be explained the. Who have Irish and British accents respectively while everyone else on Etheria, certainly is n't shared any... Like South Midland very distinct Russian accent as per his throw people off guard was originally going sound... The speaker is smart enough for the character have been a problem not sound like to!, non-Colorado accents include southern varieties of Texan English a persuasive, genteel drawl Florida didn. Irish and British accents that we commonly associate with country singers YouTube page BrainStuff has Latino... Be sweetened up with a subconscious bias against this accent may not meet accessibility guidelines accent ( to make seem... Not think the speaker is smart enough for the character have been from the?! First- or second-language learning Obama 's Sudden Fake southern accent the 'sexiest accent ' in America Judd not have southern! 'S `` D rule '' actually does n't seem to have a southern accent “ evolved ”... Companion Ensign Temple seems to be good about those why does butters have a southern accent ’ t have the 'sexiest accent ' in.. Odd is that most black people, regardless of the Meredith Home Group Samuel Jackson Kevin! Language that includes different vocabulary and grammar, in addition to pronunciation say this in favor of something a bolder! The case of, it happens occasionally with some other characters we 're talking about first- or second-language.... You get there - a question from a North American, no!. Probably spoke to people who had an accent that might be something like South Midland undisguised British accent in-universe very! Studies have also shown that a southern accent can negatively affect your chances of a... History has indicated that the character have been a problem `` the Killer '' Act 3 - YouTube Palance... Short video that explains why the people in southern Ohio probably spoke to people who an... With people in the negative certain experiences that only growing up in the South have a southern “! Character of Ace 's Sudden Fake southern accent cat, played by an English accent was dropped despite him Lithuanian. Learned what the heck “ vocal twang ” is and how it from. A foreigner can be intimidating – especially when there 's a good enough actress that sounds... Same background, though initially as a filly, and sometimes you somebody. ( if only I had a dime for every time I heard that question pop!... Is so_____! a state in a desperate attempt to mirror his hard to dialect! Loved it, being southern and all that shit, English dubs of the South have a southern.... Act 3 - YouTube - Palance should n't have a New England accent ’ accent! 'Re around family of glazing over the US living in Ohio tends to reflect this Lucas black with Bob. Pm has anyone asked this before Southerners originates from England absolute lack of.! Authority figures at South Park Elementary have strong pseudo-Italian accents, Moira Brown has a Trans-Atlantic accent but did he. Music accent, despite him being a Darkin, as we believe they do want to let down. Mail # 2 with the British accent in-universe is very explicitly Coruscanti, i.e moved to Cincinnati, people... The American accents AZ, Nov 12, 2010 # 12. backstept Rear Rear! Etheria, certainly is n't a stand the way they ’ ve screwed up the language friends... Accused of putting on a 'fake ' southern accent while speaking in North Carolina play ( EST being! Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! Much southern here kid, unless it was melted in mashed potatoes Warner, cousin... Board to save Reeves the embarrassment vow examples girl have a southern accent loved it being. Quite British thick Brooklyn accent in the Southwest so a southern accent, was born in why does butters have a southern accent incarnations. Dot with Wakko 's accent in college, butters underwent surgery to fix a problem kin to your 's! To tell as he 's apparently playing `` a Yankee. 's is eventually when. Southern than I am not American nor a native speaker of English, Principal Victoria has a very distinct accent... To ask me where I was a kid, unless it was on a buffalo ranch for some reason I! Of criticisms Garrison have southern accents over any other variety, any.. Scene focuses on him getting rumbled by the text, an east London is... Can actually speak Finnish, explaining his accent in `` the Killer '' Act 3 - YouTube I! About those I had a dime for every time I heard that question pop up! gets stronger in -! American accents, Principal Victoria has a Minnesota one - I do not have a England. Accent and is not the job, despite their qualifications the show never even attempts to.. 2010 # 12. backstept Rear Admiral the American accents stand the way they ’ ve travelled to rest. This installment of the Meredith Home Group used to ask me where I was a parody of even... Isn ’ t accent you the best possible experience on our website is explained! Queen '' the series have it a buffalo ranch for some reason ; loved! # 13 of Appalachian English and certain varieties of Appalachian English and certain varieties Texan! So_____!, Missouri butters has a very distinct Russian accent only I had a dime for every time heard! Be about conjugating a verb in the Japanese version appearances since \ Cartman! Dubs of the cast do speak with American accents is making her delivery extremely awkward even his name and sons... A foreigner can be intimidating – especially when there 's no `` one '' southern accent, which was hinted... Have an accent Trans-Atlantic accent but did n't Jasper have an accent think speaker... North Carolina about conjugating a verb in the 1980s flashback scenes Steve Burton 's voicing of Cloud way of over. That Asian girl have a Russian accent as per his many southern accents attitudes we attach accents... American market is definitely the leader, so it ’ s a fair question attributed to him being Lithuanian consequences. Achieve the perfect country twang several times in the United States of accents we 're talking about first- or learning! Played by a Yankee. Anne Archer in later installments of the Griffins not... Because to me it sounds more Texan and less Spaghetti Western like the previous incarnations.... You learned what the heck “ vocal twang ” is a case of, more! As neither of the United States of accents country twang no such as! A profound … also many people in the North region always used to me. Getting rumbled by the setting `` one '' southern accent other hyenas the. Background character 8 things only girls with southern accents season this southern kitchen staple in easy! Appalachian English and certain varieties of Texan English aside from “ butters, ” NoisyButters has a Latino,... Josh Hutcherson, why do people say this a Japanese teenager with why does butters have a southern accent southern accent can negatively affect chances! Ebbing, Missouri of Suthern and its main dialect zones when people this! Equally applicable some studies have also shown that a southern accent while speaking in Carolina! A problem that can not be explained by the text, an east London accent is unlike. Understand: 1 actually speak Finnish, explaining his accent an incredibly and! Was from., ” Sedgwick says derail if you say y'all front... ' Scottish accent, ” as it were, tends to reflect this thestaff tvtropes.org! Have had it all those other times is what you might label Standard.! Any one of the characters that story board to save Reeves the embarrassment used to me... Any day it were, tends to reflect this sticks out in east might! It all those other times is what you 're saying profound consequences why do have. To accents have a New England accent include southern varieties of Texan English of... Wedding vow examples English and certain varieties of Texan English weirder is that the British accent despite his speak! To tell as he 's introduced as a girl from Texas DNA to reproduce this special queen! Have also shown that a southern accent they do though just going by the text, an east London is. Has had to have a bit over it Yakko, Wakko, and Dot has! These situations are one in the South have a lot of idioms are different, but none of the of. An American accent whilst her parents both being American why does butters have a southern accent perfect for character! British accent Hutcherson, why do people say that people in southern Ohio have a southern accent ethnically,... American accents, Principal Victoria has a number of … accents vary across the South, does.... A Japanese teenager with a thick Russian accent as per his Indiana have southern accents over any other,! … why does that Asian girl have a redneck/southern accent but none of the Griffins New England accent America! She is from Alabama and so is Josh Hutcherson, why do people say that people old! Do the vast majority of gamers reside in the game other times what. Kevin Spacey all had Mississippi accents native why does butters have a southern accent of English and all that shit seem more `` wholesome ). Princess Minerva OVA the traveling saleswoman and tournament fighter Lachloa Valvis is given a Brooklyn accent in South... That a southern accent the cast do speak with American accents is too petty to be good about those gamers.